Welcome to Mrs. Jochums's 3rd Grade Class
What's The Buzz in 3rd Grade?
Remote Learning is underway at the Hive! How can my child be successful during this time?
1. Make sure you and your child are connected to Remind 101
2. Read the learning menu and if you have any questions or concerns reach out to your child's homeroom teacher
3. Please ensure that your child is prepared everyday to connect with their teacher and their peers at 10 am.
4. Make sure students have a device, working internet connection, and a quiet place to work. If you need assistance with any of these things let your child's teacher know.
4. It is important that your child is on time, have their notebook, a quiet place to work, and they are prepared to be focused and present in the Zoom classroom.
5. Schedule an appointment, email, or leave a Remind message with your child's homeroom teacher if you have questions or concerns.
Be safe and be well!
Dear Third Grade Families,
I am so excited to become your child’s homeroom teacher and make a stronger partnership on his or her journey through school. The Third Grade is an exciting time for your child and an important part of setting up future success in school.
I would like to take this opportunity to re-introduce myself. My name is Mrs. Frances Jochum, and I will be one of your child’s third grade teachers. I’ve been your child’s Science teacher for the past two years, and I’ve been a teacher at Shoesmith Elementary for the last nine years teaching K-3 Science, Second grade, Third grade, and Fourth grade. One of my biggest passions in life is to teach children about literacy, helping them discover new books and giving them the tools to be successful readers. I also have a math endorsement. I am so incredibly excited to have this opportunity to help the students in Room 103 grow.
I look forward to getting to know each student and supporting them in learning. I believe parents are children’s original teachers and are the largest influence on their lives. Therefore, I would like to invite you to let me know a little about your child. You can either fill out the questionnaire or write me a note that describes your child. How would you describe him or her as a learner and as a person? What are the things that you as a parent know would be important for me to know? What are your child’s interests? How does your child think and play? What makes him or her unique?
Please try to return your questionnaire by Friday, September 11th. I appreciate your participation in your child’s education; it truly makes a difference.
If you need to contact me over the summer please e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from each of you and learning more about your child!
Supply List 2020-2021