Ms. McCree's 1st Grade Class
Ms. McCree’s First Grade Class
Hello future first graders! My name is Ms. McCree. I am a graduate from the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign. I am happy to announce that I will be your child’s first grade teacher. It has always been my dream to teach in Chicago Public Schools. This is my way of giving back to my community and helping students reach their fullest potential. My goals this year are for students to be successful and love learning. Congratulations on completing your kindergarten year! I am so proud of all your hard work. You are first graders now!
I know we are going to have a fun and exciting year together. Here are some of the things you can look forward to in first grade:
- Field trips to museums, the zoo, and plays
- Being an author and illustrator for your own stories
- Learning how to add and subtract, single digit and two-digit numbers
- Being able to read chapter books
- Doing science experiments
- Buddy reading with other classes
- Learning about each other and our community
- Creating beautiful art projects
- Writing letters to a class from another school
- Learning how to measure objects and tell time
- And so much more!!!
For us to start the year as strong as we can, I need everyone to do four simple things for me over the summer:
- Read for 30 minutes EVERY day
- Practice sight words
- Practice your addition and subtraction facts 3 times a week
- Write a letter telling me interesting facts about yourself
I hope everyone has a safe and fun summer. I can’t wait for us to start our wonderful year together.
Click the links for the summer packets.
In order to complete the reading comprehension, you have to purchase the book, First Grade, Here I Come! by Nancy Carlson
Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/First-Grade-Here-I-Come/dp/0142412732/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=first+grade+here+i+come&qid=1560277753&s=gateway&sr=8-2
Sight Word Practice
Math Facts Practice