Welcome to Shoesmith School's website. Here you will find helpful information about all the wonderful 'buzz' that is happening in our school.
Congratulations to Shoesmith administration, staff, students, parents and community on their level 1 school rating!
From left to right: Myetie Hamilton, Deputy Chief of Network 9; Barbara Bryd Bennett, former CEO of CPS; Sabrina Gates, Principal of Shoesmith; Nicole Neal, former Assistant Principal of Shoesmith; Janice Jackson, Chief Education Officer of CPS.
Follow us on Twitter!
1330 East 50th Street
Chicago, IL 60615
Phone #: (773) 535-1765
Fax #: (773) 535- 1877
Help support our efforts in fundraising for the arts, technology and physical education!
Amazon Smile Donation for Shoesmith School
Read what parents of Shoesmith are saying about our school and their child's educational experience!
We hope everyone has a safe and happy summer!
Registration & Enrollment
Main Office of Shoesmith
1. Current typed-lease with child name listed on lease agreement. Homeownership may be verified with a Deed or Mortgage Statement, with parent or guardian name listed on Deed.
2. Valid driver's license or state identification card/ The address must match the current lease
3. two original current bills (i.e. gas, electricity, credit card) The address must match the current lease
4. Current physical and immunization records - must be on state of Illinois form - can't be more than a year old
Hepatitis B shots
6th Graders - T-dap and meningitis
5. Child's certification of birth, valid court order, or custody document (all temporary custody enrollees must be verified by the Principal)
6. Current test scores
7. Vision Screening documents
8. Current report card or elementary transcripts
Staff Appreciation Week 2018