Mrs. Walker's Third Grade Classroom
September 3, 2019
Hello, and welcome to the 2019-2020 school year at Beulah Shoesmith Elementary School. My name is Mrs. Walker and I will be your child’s 3rd grade literacy teacher. I am excited and I know that we will have a productive year. I am looking forward to meeting you and getting to know you and your child. Our relationship is key to your child’s success.
I have several goals and expectations this year for the students in the class. Some of those goals will include the following:
- Fluently read grade level text in a variety of genres, especially nonfiction.
- Be able to answer simple and complex questions about the text after reading it.
- Work independently on leveled work while the teacher works with a small group.
- Stay focused on written tasks and brings those tasks to completion.
- Speak intelligently in front of peers with confidence.
- Learn to work cooperatively in groups and lead when necessary.
- Learn to plan and complete projects including four major Social Studies projects.
If you need to speak with me please don’t hesitate to call. The best time to call is between 3:45pm and 4:30pm at (773) 535-1765 or call anytime during the day and leave a message for me with the office staff. The best way to contact me is via email at email@example.com. I check this email regularly and will get back to you within 24 hours.
Shoesmith, as a school, will continue to implement a classroom management system which encourages positive reinforcement as a means to encourage positive behavior. Our classroom will also use a lottery ticket reward system. If the child is displaying appropriate behavior, the child will receive a lottery ticket. When students have received 5 tickets, then he/she may pick a prize from the bucket.
I am looking forward to this school year with your child. I know that if we, parents and teachers, work together we can ensure success of our students. I know this is going to be a great year in 106!
Curriculum Map 2019-2020
Reading Summer Assignment
Supply List 2019-2020
Math Summer Assignment
Grading Policy Guidelines and Expectations